Lizzie had her 18 month checkup with the doc on Wednesday. She did NOT like it. I speculate that she's finally clued into the idea that going to a strange place with unfamiliar people, then stripping down to nothing and getting on scales and being measured, poked, and prodded is not standard operating procedure. Certainly not like the grocery store... The shot didn't help, either. She now knows the sign for "owwie", which she signed again and again, tears welling up in her eyes, and pointing to her leg where the nurse had done the injection. (Heartbreaking!)
But we did learn a good deal, and the middle part of the visit, post measurement and pre-vaccination, was just great. Lizzie is now off the growth chart in height, and around the 90th percentile for both weight and head circumference. According to the doc, she's perfectly proportioned... just for a 2 year old! Her verbal/language ability is pretty advanced, and her interpersonal skills, imitation, and interest in other people (especially kids) are all well developed. We need to work on tantrum management, but it seems she's right on target (or, boo, a little advanced) there too. Tantrums are still quite short lived, but the volume and intensity are impressive.
Hmmm... I was going to write a bit more about language and her many new words (including gems like "squirrel", "juice" (with which she is obsessed), and "girl"), but it seems she's decided that her nap this afternoon is over. (I have the monitor right here.) Hmm, on second thought, I think she's saying "poop". I've been summoned!
No comments:
Post a Comment